This is a summary of the things that are happening around the complex, If anyone has any questions please let me know.
- All railings in common areas have been re-painted.
- The power tranformer building at the front gate has been re-painted to remove graffiti.
- All resident and visitor parking areas are now registered with the Vincent Council.
- New parking regulations come into effect this month (see notice)
- Pest Control
- A contractor has attended site this week and laid baits in areas that have evidence of rodent activity.
- If anyone has any pest issues, please let the strata manager know asap.
- We have upgraded some of the flues in the building to larger capacity steel flues. This is to enable the newer larger capacity gas hot water systems to be connected.
- Many areas of reticulation have been repaired and replaced
- Rubbish Disposal
- People have again been dumping rubbish in the bin areas. NOTE that it is illegal to dump rubbish anywhere on the site and offenders will be prosecuted.
Items for future discussion
- Work will start on exterior lighting around the front building this month. The two missing light poles will be replaced, and all pole-top lights in the front of the complex will be changed over to sphere lights (As recommended by electrical contractors, as we are not able to source lights the same as the current ones.)
- Painting of private areas: A contractor is in the process of arranging a quotation for painting of railings (private areas) around the complex.
- We are still having some issues when new hot water systems are installed as the common flues are not sufficient to support the newer more powerful hot water systems. We are currently in the process of arranging for more flues to be upgraded.
- If you need to install a new hot water system please speak to the strata manager or the strata council first!
- Tree Removal
- The two large eucalyptus trees at the entrance to the visitor carpark will be removed on the 26th June. Note access to the visitor parking area may be limited on this day.
- The council has agreed that 4 new trees will be planted to replace the trees removed.
- Repairs are continuing to areas that are not receiving enough/any water.
- Storm Damage
- The Storms at the end of May caused damage to two sections of roofing at the complex. Both of these damaged areas are in the process of being repaired, all chares have been claimed on insurance.
- Current TV reception equipment in the buildings is not compatable with new digital broadcasts. Quotes are currently being sourced to upgrade reception equipment in the building.
- Note that old (analogue) tv transmissions will be turned off in 2010.
- Planting of new trees (to replace removed ones)
- investigate costs of planting small trees around the complex
- North Fence Replacement
- funding from neighbouring property is an issue... when can this happen?
- Retaining walls
- There are a number of areas around the complex were retaining walls are starting to fail, These will need to be replaced at some stage
- Pool Area
- Painting of pool surface: the pool contractor has recommended that the pool be re-painted as the original (30 years old) paint job looks very shabby
- Installation of Sail: There has been some interest among pool users to install a shade sail so that the pool can be used in the middle of the day.
Please send any queries/feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org